Study: Any Amount of Alcohol is Harmful to the Brain
How are you doing, America
We’ve been told to “Drink Moderately” and that a glass of red wine a day can lower the risk of diabetes and heart disease. Previous studies even prove that drinking beer is good for your heart. Well, happy days are over. Oxford researchers found out that alcohol consumption — any amount — is harmful to the brain. Yikes!
In a letter sent to Congress, members of the U.S. Capitol Police expressed “profound disappointment” with House Republicans for opposing legislation to form a January 6 commission. The USCP has no idea who wrote it and noted that the letter is not an official statement from the organization.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has signed the ‘Heartbeat Bill’ into law. Now, the state will not allow abortion once a fetal heartbeat is detected. The abortion law will be effective starting Sept. 1.
Not a good week for inexperienced traders as Bitcoin plunges as much as 30% to almost $30,000 on Wednesday. Cryptocurrencies have surged over the past year but when Elon Musk announced on May 12 that Tesla will no loner accept Bitcoin for car purchases, more than $300 billion was wiped off the entire cryptocurrency market that day.
Philadelphia’s skyscrapers are dimming their lights until the end of the month to help save the lives of nearly 100 million birds passing over the city. It was initiated after thousands of birds ended up dead on the sidewalks. Turns out, the bright city lights confuse the birds and mess up with their navigation. Good job, Philly!
And they’re back! The cast of Friends — Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry, Matt LeBlanc and David Schwimmer — will be on TV again. Friends: The Reunion will begin streaming on HBO Max starting May 27. We can’t wait.
Take it easy,
- Time to ditch the wine? Drinking ANY amount of alcohol is harmful to the brain, study warns
- ‘Unconscionable’: Capitol Police Officers Hammer Republican Leaders for Blocking Riot Commission in Scathing Letter
- Gov. Greg Abbott signs ‘fetal heartbeat’ bill banning most abortions in Texas
- Bitcoin Falls as Much as 30% as Investors Sour on Cryptocurrencies
- Philadelphia has dimmed its skyline after a ‘mass collision’ killed thousands of migrating birds
- See the ‘Friends’ cast back in action for emotional reunion trailer: ‘Where’s the tissue box?’