CDC on UK’s COVID-19 variant: Most dominant strain in US
What’s up, America?
The UK variant of COVID-19 is now the most dominant strain of the virus in the US, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The B.1.1.7 strain, which was believed to have originated in the UK, was found to be more contagious and fatal compared to the original variant that came from Wuhan, China.
Health experts have described Brazil’s COVID-19 crisis as “biological Fukushima” as daily fatalities have climbed to over 4,000. One former official said that the pandemic is “the largest human tragedy in Brazilian history.” May God heal Brazil.
Scientists have floated the idea of the existence of a new force of nature. A fifth fundamental force in the world would be awesome as the law of physics will be shaken.
Reality TV show ‘Space Hero’ plans to give the winner a trip to space. The grand prize would be a trip to the International Space Station. Is there any prize that can be cooler than that?
Commonly known as the “male Mona Lisa,” a painting showing Jesus Christ, believed to be painted by the ‘Leonardo Da Vinci,’ was sold for a staggering amount of $450 million. French authorities, though, were debating about the authenticity of the masterpiece, as some argued that it was not entirely made by Da Vinci himself. Nonetheless, its worth is still a masterpiece.
Tom Hank’s 1988 comedy movie ‘Big’ was almost given to Robert de Niro. Hank’s co-star Elizabeth Perkins revealed that De Niro should have been the protagonist if only his schedule had permitted him to be the leading character. Interesting trivia!
Take care always,
- UK variant is now the dominant coronavirus strain in the US, says CDC chief
- ‘BIOLOGICAL FUKUSHIMA’ Brazil Covid plague ‘spawning super-mutations every week that could destroy world’s fight against pandemic’
- World’s priciest painting not a full da Vinci, claims doc
- Muons: ‘Strong’ evidence found for a new force of nature
- “Space Hero” wants to take us all to orbit
- Iconic Tom Hanks comedic role was almost played by Robert De Niro