Second CNN Employee Under Investigation for Alleged Crimes Against Minors
A second former CNN producer is under investigation for “serious allegations involving potential juvenile victims.”
Officials from the Fairfax County Police Department in Virginia confirmed that their department launched a criminal investigation “into serious allegations involving potential juvenile victims” and that “detectives assigned to the Child Exploitation Squad of the Major Crimes Bureau are leading this investigation” into Rick Saleeby, a former senior producer for Jake Tapper’s The Lead.
“While we will eventually be transparent about our findings, safeguarding the personal privacy and safety of victims and witnesses as well as maintaining the integrity of our criminal investigation are of paramount importance,” a spokesman for Fairfax County Police told Fox News.
The investigation is apparently connected to a report from Project Veritas that alleges Saleeby solicited nude photos of a 15-year-old girl, with authorities telling Fox News they had been in communication with the outlet.
According to a report from the Washington Examiner, Salleby resigned from his role after the report detailing the disturbing allegations. A spokesperson for CNN also told Fox News that “the person in question” resigned.
The probe, and Saleeby’s resignation, follows the arrest of former CNN producer John Griffin, who is facing federal sex crime charges involving children.
The network fired Griffin after his arrest.
“The charges against Mr. Griffin are deeply disturbing. We learned of his arrest Friday afternoon and terminated his employment Monday,” a CNN spokesperson said last month.