April 14, 2022

Former President Donald Trump recently endorsed Mehmet Oz, better known as Dr. Oz, in the Pennsylvania Senate race — a move that conservatives are split on.

“I think that President Trump very, very seldom does anything that’s not thought out and doesn’t have a very reasoned and logical basis, but, for whatever reason, in this particular instance, he chose to ignore all of that and endorse Oz,” said Dave Ball, chairman of the Washington County Republican Party.

“President Trump was very out of sync in picking Oz,” Ball said.

“People have been calling me all day and asking, ‘What the hell was he thinking?'”

Of course, the most important factor is the opinion of Pennsylvania voters.

“In talking to other conservative voters in my circles, there hasn’t been a lot of support for Dr. Oz,” said Heather Wilhelm, a Pennsylvania resident and two-time Trump voter. “I think maybe the people Oz attracts are moderate voters.”

Source:

‘What the hell was he thinking?’: Pennsylvania conservatives react to Trump’s support of Oz

5 comments on Conservatives Baffled By Trump’s Oz Endorsement: “What the Hell Was He Thinking?”

1. Jim says:

He should have endorsed McCormick to run for Toomey seat and held off to endorse Oz against Casey’s seat. Of course he has a reason for what he done. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

2. Suan says:

The Source of the article says

Hmmm. spin, eh?

3. Luis D Rey says:

Mr. Trump knows very well what he is doing !!

4. Rodger Samuel says:

For the same reason he does anything: because he’s an evil, opportunistic moron.

5. Chuck Molinari says:

I had no idea what we’d be getting with President Trump – and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I’ve learned I can’t necessarily be inflexible with a candidate. I was Ted Cruz guy, but I’m not sure he would’ve beaten Clinton.
    I can’t defend Dr. Oz’s past statements/positions, but I know one thing. He was a very popular television celebrity with a great life and plenty of money and he backed Trump. Think about the guts it took to do that, knowing how terribly he’d be treated and what he’d lose for doing so?
    I appreciate Mr. McCormick’s combat military service, but I think Dr. Oz gives us the best chance to hold the seat and I trust Trump knows what kind of Senator Oz would be.
    I’m pretty sure Dr. Oz is not Mitch McConnell’s hand-picked candidate (minion), which is great, but I’d like to know who is because that’s the last person we should ever want.

Become a Middle AmericanJoin our VIP text list and stay up-to-date on our top stories